View Single Post
Old 01-08-13, 03:03 PM
Rick@OCRR
www.ocrebels.com

Bikes: Several bikes, Road, Mountain, Commute, etc.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by [B
cdp8[/B];15133822]
Here are just the ones I'm familiar with and I'm always "finding" more (RickOCRR, TrojanHorse and others please chime in), starting from the western end: Greenleaf (above Orange), Turnbull Canyon (over and back both directions a few times is a great workout), Belle River (15-17% for .4-.5mile), Cargreen, Colima, West Rd., El Terraza, Solejar (esp. West to La Fiore), Picaacho/La Fiore (from Las Palomas), Ardsheal (I do repeats on this one), Avocado Crest, East Rd., Valle Dr./Skyline Dr., Fullerton Rd., Kanola Rd. and Saleroso (from Albatross).
Yes cdp8,
I'd say you've found all of them I've found and then a few more I haven't! Would be fun to ride Whittier Hills with you someday! We usually start from the TGI Fridays parking lot across from Brea Mall on Birch. We take that to Brea Canyon (Brea Blvd. becomes Brea Canyon), left on Pathfinder, jog left/right at Harbor to get on Old Fullerton (nice climb), then right on East, another left/right job on Hacienda which takes us to West, then Janine to LaSerna to Youngwood

. . . then left at the end to a brutal cllimb on Serranata (spelling probably off!) another jog over to Mar Vista, then right on Colima, over the top and down to Camino Del Sur (left turn - watch for traffic!) to Vallecito (right), all the way down to Turnbull Canyon (v.sharp left).

Riding up Turnbull, however, we take Avacado Terrace to Oak Canyon (right) to the Very Brutal Descending (left)! This has some 20% and its narrow and super steep. Descending tops out at Skyline (left), right on Edgeridge (I think) to Turnbull Canyon Summit (Edgeridge can also be a challenge all by itself)!

So the ascending of Descending is the only thing I can really add to your formidable list! And don't be discouraged, most riders have to walk the last bit; at least on their first attempt. It kind of reminds me of Potrero, only a tad steeper and only 1/3 as wide. Lots more shade than Potrero though.

Hope that helps!

Rick / OCRR