View Single Post
Old 01-09-13, 11:42 AM
marqueemoon
or tarckeemoon, depending

Bikes: Davidson Impulse, Merckx Titanium AX, Bruce Gordon Rock & Road, Cross Check custom build, On-One Il Pomino, Shawver Cycles cross, Zion 737, Mercian Vincitore, Brompton S1L, Charge Juicer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

I think there are a few Brompton dealers here. I'll see if I can take one for a spin.

Re: Strida, due to the length of the commute and my size that's not very appealing. If I were riding just a few miles on either end I would feel differently. Also, there may be days when I ride home all the way via an alternate route (over 25 miles).

The reason for the folder is there is one section of the proposed commute that is unrideable, as in I couldn't do it even if I wanted to. The buses do have racks, but this particular bus line is a very popular one. With a limited number of racks available I don't want to find myself in a situation where I'm stranded because the racks are full. Riding the first leg and busing the remainder would have me catching two buses and leaving a bike locked up outside all day which is not very appealing.

I do plan to scope out the stop at my target time and see if that's a real reason for concern though. I'm guessing it will be more so when it's not monsoon season.

Last edited by marqueemoon; 01-09-13 at 11:49 AM.