Old 01-14-13, 11:52 AM
Bluish Green
Bicycle Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Any tire or bike issues - cold ride to warm office to cold ride home?

I need some advice before my commute ride home later tonight.

Normally, I get the bike out of the unheated cold garage in the morning, ride to the office, lock my bike up outside with the U-lock I leave on the bike rack, and walk into work.

This morning, it was 15*F out, and my U-lock was glazed over with ice from weekend precipitaition. I managed to get it unlocked, but couldn't get the lock to go back together to lock my bike up (and thought better of it), and brought the lock and bike into my 74*F office.

Now I'm wondering - are there any tire pressure or other issues I need to worry about when I leave tonight and take the bike from 74*F out into 20*F for the ride home? Should I just leave the pressure where it is? Should I walk it out there and lock it up a couple of hours early to pre-chill it?

Tires are Hakkapeliitta A10, running at max pressure of 65 psi when I aired them up last night in the cold, unheated garage. I have a floor pump with guage here in the office if I need it.

I apologize if I'm overthinking this one. It's my first winter commuting. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!