Old 01-19-13, 09:02 PM
leeinmemphis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I actually have a tadpole trike and have thought I may end up using it some. I'm just not as comfortable on it on some of the roads I have to use to get to. Traffic is kinda heavy on a few streets and I just don't feel as if I can be seen as well sitting so low to the ground. I discussed with the fitter in depth today about my surgery and I explained that I'm probably not one of their normal customers(much heavier than most and special needs with my back).

I just got the frame pack put on the crosscheck, aired up the tires and put the spare tube/tire levers/pump in the bike. I plan on getting out for a while tomorrow after church. I'm not going to push it hard at all. You guys can trust me in that I never want to experience the pain that I did in my back. I promised myself while I was in the hospital that once I got released I would get serious about my weight and health. I use to be a fairly active roady and mtb'er but now I'm mainly looking for enjoyment/running errands/weight loss and all around fun.

2012/13 is full of major life changes. I closed my business and went back to school to do something I actually enjoy, my back issues, other personal stuff etc and I wanted cycling to become part of that as well. Probably the beginning of mid life crisis.

Originally Posted by cplager
+2. +1 for talking to the fitter about your current condition and +1 for taking it easy and listening to your body. Your wife gave you a brilliant gift.

As far as what bike anybody should ride, I think it's always the same one: whichever one makes you happy. Most likely, with the fit, you're going to be golden. If however, you find that you can't get comfortable on the bikes you have, think about recumbent bicycles. They can often be ridden by people who can not ride regular diamond frame bikes comfortably.

Cheers,
Charles