View Single Post
Old 01-21-13, 06:13 PM
crazy cheste

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker, Giant Iguania, Bianchi Mountain bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tips for Teenage solo bicycle touring.

I'm 16 years old and starting my life. I have plans on going to California in 2014 from Ohio. I'll be 17 at that time and hope to have experience. I am looking for good tips for touring as a teenager. My age restricts me against a lot of things like hotel's. But I know it's possible to do bicycle touring.
I got a lot of things going for me, My parents are supportive and give me a lot of freedom. I have a good job so I have the money to buy equipment. I'm healthy and mature.
Just to make sure to let you know. My bicycle touring fantasies are not just a lazy day summer day dream. My intentions are legit. I know what it takes to tour.
I already own a surly Long Haul Trucker, all the camping gear. I just need to get some panniers, I am looking at Lone Peaks from the Touring Store.
This summer I plan on going on a couple short weekend and week long tour. I live 4 miles from Adventure Cycling Underground Railroad trail so I might go to Cincinnati.
I am just looking for advice from tourist on teenagers bicycle touring solo. Thank you for you reply's.