Thread: suggestions
View Single Post
Old 01-23-13, 08:17 AM
DocsDad

Bikes: 2020 Trek Roscoe 8, 2016 Trek 520 Disc, 2013 Trek 7.2 FX, 2010 Trek 4300 Disc

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by eaglefan
Hello everyone. I have been back into riding for almost a year. I ride for fun and also ride to work as much as I can. I currently have a Giant Rapid3 I bought used, from my LBS. It was my first bike since I was in my youth and I got a good deal on it. It is to big for me but it was a good deal and I wanted to see how I liked it and how much I would enjoy it before dropping a bunch of $$$ into it riding.
Well the riding bug has bit and I am totally into riding as much as I can. I have been "looking" for a new bike with proper fit and function. I have a ortlieb pannier that works awesome for what I need. For fun, I will drive to the beach here and ride, fitness and fun. All riding I do is on asphalt that is in good condition.
What I am looking for are suggestions of bikes that will meet what I am looking for. My trip to work is 5 miles one way.

1. I prefer fast over comfort. Meaning no suspension or big wide tires. Have 25 gatorskins on current bike and love them
2. Must be able to use a rack on rear of bike
3. a great reliable component group.
4. $1500 would be my limit

I have a few bike bike shops that sell the normal big brand stuff, but they dont have many hybrid bikes in stock.
So, I would like to hear comments, reviews of bikes that fit what what I am looking for.
Thanks for all comments
I don't know the condition of your Rapid 3, but that's a pretty nice bike if you have no complaints. But, if you really want to "go for it"... that kind of cash opens the door nicely as others have pointed out.

Have fun test riding.