View Single Post
Old 01-23-13, 03:39 PM
Tsujigiri00

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by badmother
I think maybe the OP fear a cramped cockpit more than not enough setback, and wanting to set the saddle back is the solution he think is the best. Since folders already have more % of the riders weight on the rear wheel than regular bikes I would suggest looking at solutions around the stem instead. Just sayin.

You are mistaken about this. I (the OP) am concerned about having enough setback and do not fear a cramped cockpit; for my size and body shape, adequate setback is the #1 factor that determines whether I can efficiently ride a specific bike. For example, I've tried almost a dozen friends' bikes in the last two months. And over half of them only worked well when I hung my butt over the back of the saddle (note that I'm 6', but these friends are Chilean and tend to be 5'6"-5'9"). It's the same problem I have with gyms' stationary bikes: I can't use them if they do not have a saddle slider for adjusting setback.

Cramped cockpit is the least of my concerns because I prefer an upright riding position (and a cramped cockpit actually helps provide this, as long as the handlebars are the correct height).