Old 01-25-13, 10:41 AM
lostforawhile

Bikes: 1972 Schwinn super sport, heavy no name each cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LarDasse74
Very likely stolen... someone stole a seatpost w/saddle, realized the post didn't fit in the stlen bike he is assembling to sell on craigslist to buy crack or whatever, and tossed it.

Other possible explanations:
THe original owner died of a massive ass infection and his family tossed out the seat to prevent spread of contageous ass disease.
Perhaps the seatpost or saddle rails are slightly bent and it feels funny to ride on.

Explanaton #1 is the most likely.
If you insist on using a stolen saddle your friend 'found,' try it out... saddles are all different, just like people arses. Maybe it will fit maybe it won't. THe only way is to try it.
he found it with the remains of the rest of the bike, he looks for scrap thrown out in the garbage, the seat material is torn, so thats possibly why it was trashed, I can easily recover it, he saved the entire bike for scrap but I removed the seat post before he destroyed it. I know for a fact he didnt steal it, he didnt even have a clue what it was, they are extremely honest people, they just try to earn a little extra money by searching for metal that people have tossed out, it's not uncommon for some of the wealthier folks around here to toss out a good bike instead of fixing it. The issue is finding it before the other scrap hunters do