Old 08-29-05, 05:06 AM
Urban Terrorist

Bikes: Trek 3700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Now TV free.

I am moving back to my country of birth New Zealand after living here in Oz after 25yrs away.Having being carfree for 43 of my 45 yrs.I embraced the pedalling life for the last 2yrs due to health reasons and a crap public transport system.
As my parents have never driven or owned a car its something i never thought was unusual and growing up we used all the methods used by carfree members.I never felt deprived, it was something we did till a family member learned and they became the courier(unlucky) of the family.I only got my licence in my late 30s for a job in a car hire place and learned to drive on the job.Plenty of burned out clutches there hehe.

Now that i am returning home i have found accomodation close to a major shopping complex with a public transport interchange attached to it if needed.
I still plan on using the bike as my major transporter to work and everything else.I am now going to be television free to get me out of the house as i loved to watch sports and sit there zombied out.My thinking was i spent enough time biking around i deserved that tv time. Using my laptop to connect to the world to catchup with news etc will be my only zombied out time from now on.I dont know if spending so much time on the forums counts toward to my zombie time count but when i discovered it after being buzzed and harrassed on my commutes.It helped me to understand alot and calm down.Unlimited work internet access also helped haha.

Okay thats enough of a novel for now and you all stay safe and i'll catchya around,i loved reading Koffee,Roody,Illihault,Oboeguy,Bigmark and stoked to see a post from Sheldon Brown in the mechanical forum once,
Cheers.