Old 01-27-13, 05:30 PM
EBikeFL 

Bikes: 2012 Kona Lanai

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fizbiz
I thought these kits were set to a 20 mph limit by default? I'm almost positive I read that earlier in the post. I was under the impression people removed some sort of limiter in order to achieve 30 mph and up.
Negative. The 48v 1000w Papamotor kit is rated to 34 mph and does not have any limiter unless you consider your thumb or wrist as a limiter.

Originally Posted by fizbiz
That is a good idea about switching the bullet connectors to Anderson powerpoles. What amp connectors did you use? I imagine 20 amp connectors would be sufficient, but overrated equipment is never a bad thing. Do you actually use the crimping tool or just squeeze with pliers?
The 15-45 amp Anderson connector housings are all the same. You'll need to get the right size contacts for the two different sizes of wire. The wires from the hub motor are smaller than the same wires from the controller. Here's where I ordered the connectors and contacts: http://www.powerwerx.com/anderson-po...ings-contacts/

I used connector housing colors that matched the colors of the wires. You may want to get a few extra pieces of everything in case you make a mistake crimping.

I used a crimping tool which is a good investment for future repairs/modifications. You should be able to pick one up at RadioShack, Home Depot, or Loews.
Soylent Green is People!