Old 01-28-13, 09:08 AM
melvinator

Bikes: 2012 Marin Larkspur CS Series.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Axiom
The gym I normally go to is now packed all the time due to their lower prices and new year resolution members (nothing wrong with that). This means I have to wait to use a bench or weights because it's so busy. Normally I'd work in with them but most of them seem to ignore my polite and friendly request all of the sudden. This means I work out maybe once a week, which has really hurt my physical activity. On top of that, I used a flat tire and broken pump as an excuse not to ride. I haven't used my bike in almost two months (?).

I've also worked my way up from prep cook to line cook. My hours have almost doubled and I work five days a week, so when I get home that's another excuse I use not to go to the gym. Line cooks get two free meals per shift, and like an idiot, I thought it would be okay to eat whatever at work to try out stuff on the menu and eat healthy at home. NOPE, that's another lie. Instead, I go home craving more garbage and end up eating 1000 calories over my maintenance most days. From an "all time low" of 260, to 290lbs. At this rate I'll be 320lbs again by summer.

Honestly.. I know what needs to be done, I have just chose not to. It's so easy to become comfortable with the weight your are at. Yet at the same time I have serious periods of depression like I had prior to the weight loss. Hell, the bike was put on Craigslist a few days ago. Earlier today something hit me; "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, LOOK AT YOURSELF."

So..

• The ad was removed from Craigslist
• There is a gym a few blocks away from where I work. It's not as nice but it's a little cheaper and there is usually nobody there. This will be my new gym soon.
• The food part won't be difficult, but restraining myself will.

Not sure what else to post..
What do you need a spare tube? i have a few laying around from a bike project i am working on. do you need a schrader/presta valve? Do you know how to change a flat? I am close to you so just let me know!