Old 01-29-13, 03:34 PM
Ekdog

Bikes: Brompton M6R, mountain bikes, Circe Omnis+ tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
For my entire adult life I have been plagued with severe back pain. Originally came about from racing mountain bikes in my 20's. Suffered through it all and deal with it best I can. One year ago a guy from India told me about tumeric as a daily supplement. Have been taking a heaping teaspoon a day for a year now and must say it really works.

Went off road snow riding yesterday. The trail was greasy as the temps were in the high teens low twenties making it slippery out there. Went down hard 4 times and figured today would be a day of pain. Got the end of a 2inch stick jammed into my right thigh breaking the skin (broke the stick, too!).

Woke up this morning with no soreness in my bones or muscles. Only thing hurting is the injury from the stick. I feel great! At 53 years of age that is saying something after the hard hits from yesterday.

An additional benefit seems to be my immune system functioning much better. My wife, son, daughter all got the flu on Christmas break, but I did not. They also all have been fighting head and chest colds, but not me as of yet. Used to get sick at the drop of a hat, but since starting this tumeric thing, I have been very healthy. Also seems to curb my appetite a bit.

Thought you all would like to know.
I use it in curries and to add color to rices instead of saffron, but I doubt I'm getting enough of it in my diet to relieve pain or bolster my immune system. How much do they recommend one consume to get these benefits?