bikerjp
Beer >> Sanity

Bikes: 2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roadwarrior
So if that bike has 10 three hour test rides on it, like the TV that plays all day long at Best Buy for days on end, you paid a new bike price for that? I am not challenging you here, but that's like us selling our rental road bikes...we know they have been ridden and we do not sell them at retail. You are buying the "floor model" that has miles on it. Like buying a dealer demo car...it is a used car.
I don't think many reputable shops would sell a demo bike as new. In general, how many new bikes get 30 hours of use before being sold? I test rode my two bikes. I was the first or near first person to ride them. They were new. I bought them new (although not at full retail). I rode a couple others that I didn't buy. They still looked new and I didn't see them in the shop for long. If a bike is ridden by quite a few people and not bought it starts to look less new. The shops I've been in generally discount these after a while. In fact, they generally discount anything that's been around a while.

I will say I ordered a caadx without a test ride but I did spin one around the parking lot to be sure of the size.