View Single Post
Old 01-31-13, 01:26 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Controversy ahead--Warning.

Time to think about bar tape on the TCR. Up till now it has had the OM tape on and it has been fine but the Pinarrelo had some superb tape supplied when I got it. Thicker than most but the wrong colour (White) but I thought I would use it as there must be a reason for thick tape being supplied. Don't know if there was a reason but it has proved to be very comfortable. No idea what it is made of either But the colour is completely wrong for me.

So now comes the awkward bit. What tape do I buy for the TCR? Reason for replacing is that I have swapped the aluminium bars for C.F.--for no other reason than they came up at the right price and are compact bars. Bar position is now set and just final adjustment of the brifters and I will have to learn how to wrap bars.

So what tape do you use? Do I have to look out for special materials? Or a particular brand? or just buy the cheapest and fit it?

Let battle commence with your suggestions

Only point is it has to be black so those special offers in white or pearlescant green will not be welcome.

Spike Milligan