Old 02-09-13, 12:32 AM
rodar y rodar
weirdo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Too big a leap?

It pains me greatly to admit it, but I recently started my first ever foray into training. After reading around on forums and other websites, I came up with what I thought was a simple and sound basic program, but now wonder if I need to scale it down even more.

My goal is a general speed improvement on brevets and non organized distance rides. Basics of my program are brisk 60 mile road loop once per weekend, all out private TT on a 9 mile local loop some time midweek, and keep doing my short daily commute, but go extra easy to serve as recovery rides. The specific part I wonder about is the short TT. Holy smokes! I did it for the first time Wed morning and was amazed at how much a half hour ride could take out of me! I`ve never pulled from the depths of my soul like that in my life, no HS wrestling practice, never raced anything, so I have zero frame of reference. I definitely felt the effort though the rest of that day and until I went to bed that night, much reduced by the next day, and feel completely recovered from it now. Still, not sure it`s a good idea. How do I tell if that 30 minutes of hard effort is too much for me at this point? I`m willing to do it if it might help, but I don`t want to torture myself if its going to be counterproductive.

Last edited by rodar y rodar; 02-09-13 at 12:36 AM.