Old 02-10-13, 04:52 PM
Burton
Certified Bike Brat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by seafood
Firstly, I do not care what people do with their time and money. By your own words though, spending "ridiculous" amounts of money to shave weight off a street bike and counting grams feels like this is more about training or recreational rides without possibility of carrying a load, attaching a trailer, etc. We're still talking about street use, not competition, right? As to snobbery, I'll just quote a post from one these kickstand discussions and let you judge for yourself:
LOL 'Ridiculous' is probably a personal evaluation on my part as I know of three businessmen who have spent $10K to $17K on single road bikes the past year for no other reason than they wanted them. None of them race. Personally if I was going to spend that kind of money on two wheels - it'd come with a motor!

Originally Posted by seafood
As I said earlier, I understand and comply with the racing requirements, but for normal street use, cornering clearance is not a problem. If it is, the rider's doing something wrong.
Cool! not everyone drives that sanely on the streets. In fact, I gave up my last motorcycle (BMW K1) a number of years ago because the street road racers in this province managed to drive the cost of insurance through the roof.

My post wasn't intended to be confrontational - I just didn't get the 'snobbery' part. Think you'll find a few posters will have the same attitude regardless of the subject.

I have some bikes with stands and some without myself. Practicality aside - there just doesn't seem to be any convenient way to stick a stand on a carbon fiber bike.

Last edited by Burton; 02-10-13 at 04:56 PM.