View Single Post
Old 02-13-13, 08:41 AM
Dan Burkhart 

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 656 Times in 370 Posts
Originally Posted by salek

Little by little, I'm getting my Big Dummy to where I want it to be. You can barely see the light(s) on the back. I have twin rear lights for redundancy. I managed to acquire a Surly front rack. It is currently configured with five bottle cages. It has one front light permanently affixed. I use a removable T-bar to carry additional front lights. Night riding has four lights forward, two rearward. The strap seen on the front rack is used as if it were a Flickstand.

I still need wide loaders for cargo, and toe covers for cold weather cycling. I'm thinking about getting the "side car" accessory.

What is funny to me is that my Touring bike's rear panniers mount on the front rack as if front panniers. Those big bags don't look so big compared to the Extracycle bags on the back. On the way to the grocery store, the Cannondale Overlands were in the Extracycle bags to reduce front load and wind resistance.
A weird item is that the front rack whistles at speed. I think that it is the front screw mount hole. I'm going to put a screw in it in hopes of getting rid of the whistling.
Nice. I still like the swoopy top tube model best. Mine is a '08 model, so it still has that feature, and I'm glad.