Old 02-19-13, 07:53 PM
Angio Graham
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by peckma
Are you referring to PV Bike Center, in Palos Verdes? there's been a bit of chatter on their Facebook page. Unfortunately, it seems that the owner passed without any immediate family (or, at least any in SoCal); and it seems that there were no business contingency plans in place to transition ownership. Somewhat surprising, given that PVBC was a Specialized concept store. I would have thought that Specialized would have required some plans in place in order to keep the shop open.

If he died without a will then his estate goes through the probate process - in LA County. Could easily take a year to resolve. It would seem at some point the court makes a decision to deal with the shop and the property it is holding that belongs to others.

May want to explore filing a creditor's claim in the probate court. I believe the owner lived in Long Beach, so if there is a probate case it may be in the Long Beach courthouse.

Sad situation, the proprietor Steve Bowen was well liked and respected in the SoCal cycling community.

Yes I was refering to PV Bike Center. Steve was an awsome guy and i'm sure he would want people to be able to get their bikes ASAP.

I personally dont have any property at the store but I know people who do and they are totally fed up at this point. There is no word from anyone about the status of their bikes but now that they realize it could take a year they are pissed !!

I erally dont see how it could be a crime to just break the damn window and take your own bike out.