Old 08-31-05, 04:54 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 630 Times in 430 Posts
[QUOTE=DocJ]Hello all. It looks as though I have become a Florida resident for an indefinite amount of time. The wife and kids and I evacuated New Orleans a couple days ago to Orlando where my wife is from and as you all know it is getting uglier by the minute back at home. My bikes, one car, and pretty much everything except for pictures and a suitcase of clothes is now under 10ft of filthy water with the house. Its very possible that we have just become Floridians. ... SNIP...
I'm borrowing a friend's computer right now. Looks like we're going to have to start looking for some temporary (or not so temporary) employment and schools for the kids, because its becoming more obvious that our home is not going to be an option for quite some time, if ever. I'm certainly not writing for sympathy or anything like that... just touching base with everyone. Glad to know that this place still exists. -Jason

seems unimaginable. I can't imagine having to do that for myself, much less as the family with school age children. Hope the kids are handling it well. When everything does sink in, having everyone pulling together will be a big help in overcoming hurdles.
What do you do for an occupation? Was it based in NewOrl. or is it something you can also do in FLA? Is it able to be done online? Maybe someone 'on-forum' can help in getting you back to income earning? Getting up and busy for you and your family will be a big boost for you (and your wife - you a 2 income family?). Anything you can use that would be hard to get your hands on?