View Single Post
Old 02-23-13, 04:04 PM
AZORCH

Bikes: 1966 Paramount | 1971 Raleigh International | ca. 1970 Bernard Carre | 1989 Waterford Paramount | 2012 Boulder Brevet | 2019 Specialized Diverge

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 77 Times in 40 Posts
I've had a couple of different Centurion models over the years. I've got a soft spot for them - more from nostalgia than anything else - probably because my first "real" road bike was a Centurion Turbo. That was in the early 80's. I had a LeMans a few years later which was nowhere near as light or "nice" a bike as the Turbo, but it rode well all the same. A few years ago I managed to get my hands on another 1984 Turbo - which, for all I know, might have even been the same one I used to own... it's the only other one I've ever seen in this area, so I guess it's a possibility. I also had a 1976 Super LeMans which looked great but was as heavy as a boat anchor, and just about as slow!

My second 1984 Turbo - the paint was a neat special process that I didn't really understand or appreciate when I had the first one back in 1984.

This is the 1976 Super LeMans I rode for a few years. Bears a passing resemblance to the touring model of the time.