View Single Post
Old 02-25-13, 06:23 AM
Dalai

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Rode okay - pretty poor turn out unfortunately.

IP - didn't have my mojo on what was a very hot day and rode 7 seconds slower than my PB for the 3km. Still just made the gold medal ride but was even a second slower and was 6 seconds slower than first. By the way only 3 MMAS3 entered.

Hadn't entered the sprint but was on the start list. Mentioned this to the commissaires but they said if you are on the start list you can ride... So decided I might as well. Grouped MMAS3-4 for the race. I was 6th fastest with a 12.4. Our race was then a derby with 4th-6th with the other 2 riding sub 12 flying 200's! So went from the push, but being the enduro they knew it was coming so didn't get the gap I needed.

Ride off for 5-10th - another enduro tried the same and was able to get around him only to be caught on the line by the other rider eliminated in my previous derby. So 6th overall.

Scratch was a brilliant race, though once again due to the lack of entries it was MMAS1-4 with only one set of medals on offer. The small field included four previous State Masters winners myself included. Most fun scratch race I've been in for quite some time! Attacks the whole time - I made a break around 12 laps to go after marking one rider who had tried his luck solo a few times already. Given he had support this time they didn't let us get too far off the front and pegged us back around 8 to go. Another rider counter attacked and was allowed to hang out the front till around 2 to go. Felt strong on the final sprint, but left my run too late and finished in 5th - highest placed MMAS3 but no medal this year...