Old 02-26-13, 10:32 AM
mikhalit

Bikes: Poison Chinin IGH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by H.S.Clydesdale
I am 6'7", but I have short arms and legs for my height. I learned this on the highschool basketball team when a couple guys who were 6'3" actually had a higher reach than me. But I am not the weird one, they were lanky. Anyway, my inseam is 37". Many folks shorter than me have a similar inseam. This bike fits me quite well.

I am also 240lbs, which is why I went with the velocity chukkers (36h both), and the B67 saddle, as opposed to the more popular B17. I am not sure I'm sold on the seat springs though, I want to try a B17 and see if I like it better.

Nice ride, love the head tube height! I am 6'7" myself, and had troubles finding a tall frame. Actually tall road bikes aren't such a problem, but something for fatter tires isn't that easy to find...

I went with the 61cm frame on the end, Salsa fork with 35cm steerer was a deal saver. I am 265 pounds and like my B17, feels springy enough. Actually riding now Specialized Avatar, enough cushion for good pavement.

Sorry if the photo had appeared in this thread earlier. Summer mode, singlespeed and no dynamo lights, Alfine 8 and IQ cyo in winter time.

PS. The cranks on this photo are 205mm long, but went back to 175mm since I started road riding... And the whole cockpit got quite stretched out, I like it now. But if it was snow and slush, sand or towing kids then 200mm rock!

May I ask where have you got the IRD cranks and how much was it?

Last edited by mikhalit; 02-26-13 at 10:42 AM.