Old 03-04-13, 01:38 PM
kehomer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Have You Noticed an Increase in Cold Sensitivity as You Age?

Are You Affected by the Cold More Than When You Were Younger?

Just received an ebay item, a Shimano 600 rear hub manufactured in the 80's. Looks pretty good. No deep scratches, almost no deformation of the spoke holes but I need to take it apart and check the bearing races before I provide feedback to the Seller. I am a firm believer in good feedback, especially when I risk good money on used parts. If the seller has sold me a good item, one that closely matches his description of the piece, he deserves to have my positive feedback published expeditiously. But you know what, it's been pretty cold for the past few days. I find myself avoiding my cold workshop, turning the thermostat up, turning up my mattress heater, looking for my warmest sweater even though this winter has been fairly mild here in North Georgia.

I very seldom go for rides, even short ones, when the temp goes below 55 degrees. Have you noticed a greater sensitivity to the cold as you grow older? Man, I am really looking forward to Spring! Very interested in any feedback you might provide.

Guess what I'm going to do now, to salve my conscience, is to place some newspapers on my desk where it's warm, tear down the hub and then report the feedback promptly.