View Single Post
Old 03-08-13, 02:10 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve Sawyer View Post
I'm not sure what an A/B club rider is - I just know that whatever it is, I'm not! I am into endurance rides, working my way this year upwards from last year's 38-mile top ride, and starting off in May with a 51-miler.

I saw some comments on the web that the wheels are a bit heavy. Not sure that I'd notice at this point (coming from a hybrid), nor am I sure that it would be an issue longer term, but considering I want to add wheel-building to my skill set, having an excuse to upgrade wheels at some point ain't all bad!

Thanks for the feedback!
Those wheels are an issue or could be at a later date. But providing they stay together OM wheels and tyres have a use in the winter/foul weather riding. But it may be possible to upgrade the wheels at purchase to a better set with an allowance being given for the OM's. Saddle and I do not know many that ride a stock saddle. I do on the Pinnie but I think I have been lucky.

And within clubs the riders are graded with th top group being "A" riders. Rides are arranged and they normally grade them the same way with "A" being the harder- longer- faster rides. "B" is a bit lower grade and the rides vary accordingly.

Spike Milligan