Old 03-08-13, 02:31 PM
Ronno6

Bikes: Cannondale SR's and ST's from the '80's

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by wrk101 View Post
Anytime you have that specific of a target, I think you are best off with ebay. XXL size makes it harder.

When I find deals, I am both agnostic on size and agnostic on model and brand. I do avoid the dept store stuff, along with hybrids and mtbs. Last bikes picked up: a Specialized Cross bike, a Centurion, a Takara, a Schwinn, a Fuji, and a Nishiki. None were my size.

When I wanted something specific, like the Paramount Series 70 mtb, in a 15 inch size that I recently picked up for my wife, I reverted to ebay (I wanted either a 1992 series 70 or a 1992 series 90). Ditto the 1992 Series 7, in a 56cm size that I picked up for myself. Of course, I paid more than I usually do. But the bikes that don't fit fund the bikes that do fit.
Yup. I scan ebay daily. local CL as well.

Originally Posted by Chris_in_Miami View Post
I agree, that's going to be a hard bike to find down here. I've been paying particular attention to touring bikes for years, and I can only recall seeing one small Cannondale from the ST series in that time. Ronno6, you might try calling Bicycle Spot (954-772-4909) and tell Peyton what you're looking for.
Thanks for the phone #. I'll give Peyton a try. As I posted earlier, I did find that size 'Dale ST400 in Hialeah on CL. Not full blown touring rig, but it will be some day.