View Single Post
Old 03-09-13, 10:18 PM
Jancouver

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BykOfALesserGod
I watched you guys in the crit today. How did you do? I was in the Jax tent when the race was stopped because a road marshall absentmindedly took a step backwards on to the road and on to the path an oncoming racer.

Later on I went back to watch the Cat 1 crit. Wow those guys are faaaast.

As planned, I just sat it. Started at the very back for few laps and was just cruising trying to avoid any dangerous situations.

After few laps guys were popping and it got sketchy. I was also too lazy closing gaps so I decided to move closer to the front.

Since it was a full field of 120 (yes, 120 Cat 4 riders on 6 corner technical 1 mile loop ... always fun) and the course is what it is, it wasnt that easy and I didnt want too be too aggressive so I kind of run out of time, it was just about 35min race and I felt OK considering I havent done any intensity work or group rides in several weeks, so perhaps if the race was longer I would be able to finish better.

Finished 40th out of 120 so it was a good training.

I also rode for about an hour prior to the race and for another 45min after the race so at the end I got about 200TSS in my legs.