Chris516
24-Speed Machine

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez 24-Speed Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ItsJustMe
My brother is a paramedic. One of the common problems they get is convincing people to accept treatment who are badly injured but so hopped up on adrenaline that they don't realize it. He's seen people with clearly broken bones say they were fine. He's had people say they were fine drop into shock moments later.
I actually thought about training to be one. Until I saw a picture online of guy who stuck a bunch of M-80 firecrackers in his mouth. Then set them off and destroyed his airway. The question with the picture was how to intubate someone with a destroyed airway.

As to your original point about his having seen people deny medical help. When I was hit, last year, about a mile from my house, the cops told me to wait for medical personnel. I eventually signed off on the refusal for extensive medical treatment. Because I knew I didn't have any broken bones. I experienced a far more emotionally horrific crash, back in 1981. When a motorist who should have had their license taken away decades earlier, ran me over, resulting in the bike pedal digging in to my foot, through my sneaker. I was in far more pain when that happened. So much that, I thought I was going to end up needing to have my foot amputated. Thankfully, That never happened.