View Single Post
Old 03-11-13, 09:36 PM
Turbotandem

Bikes: Paketa V2r di2, C-Dale MT 3000, Teesdale, 1963 Huffy Daisey

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh, I wanted to share on another point. Getting the internal wiring thru a tandem, especially if you are retrofitting. As far as I know, the wiring can not be done thru the top tube because the seat posts prohibit it. But in the bottom tube the wiring has to get past the front eccentric which fills the whole shell. What was don on my frame, below, is the down tube and captains seat tube kiss each other just barely above the captains BB shell. The join looks to be full of weld, but there is apparently just enough room to get the wire over and across to the bottom tube as well. The wire harness crosses over the shell in that small gap. From here the harness goes up the captain's seat tube to the internal battery in my seat post,and then back down the seat tube to the bottom tube where it crosses to the rear. At the rear BB there is the normal room to get over the BB. Getting past the V2r yoke is another matter, but I don't have a picture of that and that's unique to this builder.

As for tandem internal wiring harnesses itself, I don't know a source. Mine was from Paketa who procured it from Bob Davis or Phil Wood, I forget. They'd got it for a NAHBS project that ended up on my bike. Is Shimano making a tandem wire harness or are people hacking them?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
di2 wiring.jpg (96.1 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by Turbotandem; 03-11-13 at 09:37 PM. Reason: typo