Old 03-13-13, 09:02 AM
joe@vwvortex 

Bikes: Co-Motion Speedster Tandem, S-works 29r, Specialized Tarmac SL4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbotandem View Post
It's amusing that all manual shift owners love it and do not advocate change. And all di2 owners love di2. It undermines an effective comparison if the banter is simply advocating your own. What is true from the di2 owners is that they all came from manualikes. And not one yet has regretted that change. The manual tandem riders have only charts and numers to refer to and no experience with the two systems to offer a valid expeirince. I go with my experience and not the charts. I would agree di2 is not for touring tandems or teams who are struggling on climbs
We don't "struggle" on climbs necessarily - but then again we ride because we enjoy it and not because we have to post our times on Strava. It's also called being realistic and the amount of long steep climbs that we encounter where we ride dictate having gears that don't require us grinding ourselves to death. I've been building and riding road bikes for the better part of 42 years - I've seen it all. I'm happy to embrace advances in technology. However - if it doesn't make sense for a particular circumstance - it simply doesn't make sense.