Turbotandem

Bikes: Paketa V2r di2, C-Dale MT 3000, Teesdale, 1963 Huffy Daisey

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zonatandem View Post
Turbo #37 reply:
Apparently you missed our earlier posting. We went from triple to testing Di-2 on our tandem.
Great for about 1,400 miles. Wonderful instantaneous/crisp shifting; loved the automatic FD/chain alignment.
No real issues with going from triple to double chain rings.
Did not love the fact that idiot warning lights did not give warning that it was time to re-charge battery; however FD quit . . . so knew it was time to re-charge.
About 300 miles later tandem quit shifting completely. Battery connector issue + FD would not adjust via the adjusting screws.
I did see your entry, and appreciated that you shared the gearing was not the issue, but that the battery died. I understand when the battery is low shimano opted for programming that disables the less critical FD in order to keep the RD running longer. We've not had battery issues after the initial start up period. And it would be nice if there was a true battery life indicator: I don't think they're made since the new batteries are designed to hold a strong level sharge for a long time, and then die sharply. There is no warning. We charge our battery every quarter or so.