View Single Post
Old 09-03-05, 07:12 PM
ellenDSD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Longhorn
On the other hand, I probably wouldn't have bought a new bike unless I was sure I enjoyed cycling. Oh, well. As my son would say, it's all good.

I have bought a TON of stuff at Nashbar. If you do a search for "nashbar coupons," you can often find discount codes. In fact, I have one now -- use code TKA6 to get 10 percent off your entire order until October 31. And they have all of their Nashbar-branded stuff on sale right now. Have fun!
LOL - Yeah, I wouldn't go off half cocked and buy a bike under those circumstances either. Guess I should have included a little background info... Before I moved east from Texas, I had a Giant road bike that I dearly loved and rode quite a bit! But you know how things can go squirrly when you move? I had a whole bunch of stuff strapped to the roof of my [then] VW Golf and the bike just wouldn't fit anywhere. I got an offer to sell it and so I did. I've regretted it since! So, I'm not a total newbie to cycling, just been awhile since I've done with any regularity

Thanks so much for the advice about Nashbar AND the coupons! I will check them out.