Wanderer
aka Phil Jungels

Bikes: 08 Specialized Crosstrail Sport, 05 Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Miracle At The Dentist's Office

Hard to believe that good news can come from the Dentist's Office, but it's true!

This morning, at 0730, I broke a tooth, a molar to be exact.

Sooooo, at 0735 I made a telephone call, to request an appointment, fully expecting to leave a message on a machine.

I was surprised by a real person, answering the phone, and explained my problem. I also explained that there was no pain, and an emergency appointment was not needed.

She explained that she had an opening for my Dentist at Fairview Dental, Dr Brian Tonner, D.D.S., at 0800. Today! Again, I reiterated, that it was no emergency; and, she explained that there really is an 0800 opening, and that I could come right in.

A quick brushing, while throwing on my clothes, washing my face, and combing my hair, and I was sitting in his chair at 0800.

Now, for the only bad news ------- he took an x-ray, and inspected my tooth, saying that I was going to need a crown!

He explained my options of doing it the traditional way - grinding it down, making an impression, fitting a temporary crown, and sending it off to the lab to be made. Making another appointment for fitting and installation. ORRRRRRR, they have a new miniature CNC machine, and could digitize the area in question, and mill a new tooth out of a block of porcelain, right in the office. After milling, trial fitting, and baking to make it ultra hard, it was fit in place; and, thru the miracle of modern joinery, I walked out of the office at 0930, with a permanent, beautiful, new tooth......

There really is "MAGIC" being performed at the modern Dentist's office...... 2 hours from the time I broke it, to a permanent replacement.