View Single Post
Old 03-21-13, 09:02 PM
mredden

Bikes: 1984 Miyata 610 2013 Trek 1.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just joined tonight. I bought a 1984 Sherwood Green Miyata 610 new in 1984 for maybe $375 or so. This has been my only road bike for 29 years. I always liked it, but didn't know how popular it was until I stopped by a bike shop near the start of a local rail trail in Ayer, MA. The owner told me my 610 is a really great bike and that I should never get rid of it.

I'm replacing the 5-speed freewheel with a NOS Suntour Pro Compe gold 14-28 which I believe matches the original freewheel that Miyata spec'd for the this bike. I found it at Citizen Chain here: http://www.pedalr.com/items/712. I think it's the fourth time I've replaced the freewheel.

I'm also looking for some SunTour barcons which I think would be nice for an old touring bike like this. I picked up a NOS SunTour cable stop on EBay today and hope to find some decent barcons soon.

Unfortunately I lost the factory rack when I got divorced 10 years ago. I left it in the house and have no idea where it went. Probably got thrown out. If anyone knows of one that they want to sell I'd be very interested.

Mike Redden
Boylston, MA