View Single Post
Old 03-22-13, 02:54 PM
North Coast Joe

Bikes: Couple of rigid MTB's and a fixed gear

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks for the thoughts, folks. Just to help with the whole picture, I'm roughly 5' 10"/ 190lbs. and the bike is an 18" 2011 Trek 3900 Disc. I purchased it used, so there's no LBS to consult for a fitting. I may wander the 30 miles to a local co-op for help getting it right, but more than likely not. The bike seems to feel right in the pedal to seat length, and is comfy there, it's just this sliding forward thing makes me nuts. The seat is as nose-up as I dare make it without endangering.....never mind. Even with the reversed seatpost, the deepest part of the saddle is directly above and slightly behind the seatpost tube. It just feels like bringing my hands back would put me into a more balanced position.

I'm going to see about aquiring a shorter stem, say a 70mm or even a 50mm with the same angle. I can probably pick up a used one for the cost of the gas getting to the co-op. I'll sell it or the original if it does or doesn't work.

If the weather holds up, I'll try to get a ride-by picture or two that may/may not help your much appreciated input....thanks again!