hill hater

Location: norton ohio 5.5 miles from center road tow path trail head

Bikes: cannondale t400 1987 model and a raleigh gran prix from 1973

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ShinyBaldy
don't get the Six13... it is stupid really - composite tubing with alum lugs and tubes... created for marketing and not for any real benefit.

You're better off with a CAAD7 or CAAD8 than a frame that actually creaks and flexes at the joints by under high load. A LOT of Six13 buyers have reported this.

Its possible that you got a bum frame. Stomp bike tour was yesterday and was 3 or 4 various 6/13s i asked abut them and all the riders loved them none mentioned any creaking and i did ask about that. I knew that the old trek road bike made with carbone tubes and alum lugs did creak. Eve if they do its nothing to worry about as the frame isnt goign to suddenly break. Im not sure how such bikes are put to gather i asume its a combo of ressed in and a glue of somesort. If you got a creaky one my bet is the glue doesnt cover enough area and causes just enoughh rubbing in the lugs to creak.
Im sure it takes a few years off the life of the frame but hey if they are even close to the quality of old 80s cannondales thats probably a few years off of 30+.

Id say if you got a creay one give cannondale a yell and let them know. Remember these bikes have a life time warranty on the fram afer all.