Old 03-25-13, 03:56 PM
xoxoxoxoLive

Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by whitenhiemer
I wasn't specifically, but I just test drove one at the LBS across the street my from my office. I was fairly impressed, but cautious after my last purchase. I need this bike to handle about 400 miles a month of commuting and still be reliable. Changing out tubes and brakes is one thing, but I don't want my deraiuler failing after 1 month and 4 broken spokes in a week. I'm no small rider, I'll admit that at 230 lbs, but I do still need something that is reliable without dropping down $1000. I was going to look at a used bike this weekend, but if I don't find one, I'm picking this up for sure. I like that it already has the rack and fenders which I need here in Seattle, which is always wet, even though it doesn't seem like its always raining.
Here is a link to that Sram component group : http://www.sram.com/sram/urban/products/via-24 I would like to hear from some others on this, but I find it shifts amazingly smooth. And I'm comparing it to Ultegra & Deore, as for longevity, I just picked up the bike Sunday. The bike feels solid, and I do not believe Giant would take the risk of installing junk. Going to ride it some more right now.
Likes For xoxoxoxoLive: