Old 09-04-05, 10:57 PM
pedex
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 501 Times in 397 Posts
Well a year ago when I was still growing my messenger business and working at the nationwide arena doing setup work(read lifting and moving heavy stuff sometimes for 18hrs straight) I was also riding around 200-250 miles/wk, so the human body can handle an awful lot.Alot more than most people are willing to push themselves to do.There were days when I would hurt all over, and there were days when I felt fine.Working at the arena was tough tough work, not much of anythng weighed less than 50lbs, and if it did, there was a bunch of them, like chairs, I used to help set up or tear down 3500 chairs plus tables and other furniture all the time.Then there was the glass for hockey, 550 sheets of prodeck flooring to cover the ice, 13 huge rolls of carpet for indoor football, bleachers to move, benches for the hockey players to move, 150 aluminum railings to install/uninstall, stages to set or tear down, plywood sheets to cover the ice and end parts for dirt shows.Nonstop physical labor.

One moring I left at like 5:30 am after working from 9pm the previous night and got outside and we had had an ice storm, my bike was covered with ice and so was everything else cept for a salted path down the middle of the street, these kinds of thngs will test your resolve to get home, especially when I was gonna be working again in about 2 more hours.

life as a car free peasant, learn to cope or die basically

When I see people say they wonder if they can ride 100 miles all at once or do 200 miles in a week I have to kinda chuckle, ya you can do it, you just have to want to do it bad enough.200 miles in week isnt really too tough once youve been riding for awhile, I run into problems when I get up around 400 or so, that takes some effort and care, just eating enough becomes a chore.