N.W/G.W: 14kgs/15kgs
Frame: 20 "high carbon steel frame, patented folding frame lock
Risers: Patent folding risers, aluminum

Transmission system: SHIMANO 6Speed complete transmission system
Brake system: front and rear alloy V brake, half aluminum brake handle
Wheels: Alloy Rims
Chain: KMC Chain

Good choice, you think?

By the way, I've seen the Gogobike before. It has 16" wheels though.

this bike looks nice, but considering your usage needs, its really going to be heavy and cumbersome. also, that
derailleur and cassette are going to be as rusty as any of the used ones from sulit within a month. the greater the number of parts you have on a cheap bike, the greater the amount of attention and maintenance it will require. you can read various threads in this forum about folks who have purchased new, cheap bike because they seemed irresistibly inexpensive and usually you will see this phrase: "seems like a good value for the money". then you will subsequently read posts regarding all of the necessary upgrades that were required to make those bikes enjoyable to ride- new chain, new handlebars, grips, tires, derailleur, etc. when you have a small budget, more parts and pieces = less quality overall. simple is better.

also, consider the terrain of your commute. is it mostly flat? if so, then maybe a single speed bike will function well. additionally, if you intend to use public transport, a more compact fold is always desirable. going up steps? lighter is better. I've ridden and owned a few cheap bikes and its my opinion they are never worth the money or attention they require.

im not trying to sell you a gogo bike however, i have ridden one and it is very well made, light (at 7kg it must be one of the lightest folding bikes made), nimble, and above all, fun to ride!also, its compatible with a lot of dahon accessories and other companies like litepro make upgrade parts specifically for them.

Last edited by smallwheeler; 03-28-13 at 08:38 AM.