Old 04-02-13, 07:34 AM
SesameCrunch
Eschew Obfuscation

Bikes: 2005 Fuji Professional, 2002 Lemond Zurich, Folders - Strida, Merc, Dahon, Downtube, Recumbent folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EriktheFish
Yes, but why, oh why, did you sell your bent downtube??? The video with your kiddo is a classic and I was waiting to see a follow up video with your child riding that same bike at an older age.

Edit: And I found your old post announcing your sale of that downtube bent. You said:
I built it up a over a year ago, thinking that I was going to use that to ride a double century. But I never fully committed to recumbent riding. It would have taken 6 months to get my 'bent legs, and I have too much fun on my uprights to make that commitment. So, this folding 'bent was relegated to limited duties as a child carrier. Now, even that chore is done, as my son is now riding on his own.
Wondering if you'd wished you'd kept it now that you've seen the light regarding 'bents? (Sorry mulleady, but folding's loss is bents gain! Try one, you might like it)
Haha! That would have been fun. I never thought about continuing the legacy through my son!

I do miss that bike. It was so much fun to make and the memories with my son are priceless.