PhotoJoe 
Just Plain Slow

Bikes: Lynskey R230

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Erwin8r
Last weekend (not this past one), we hit Puddingstone (during the bike races), and had a blast. I actually enjoyed the climbs (I know they're not terribly long, but they're enough to suffer a bit on) and the sense of accomplishment as you crest and fly down the other side.
That's great. The sense of accomplishment drives me, too. The great thing about GMR is there are several stages of accomplishment. The first ride, you'll feel so good that you made the shack. You'll go home tired, and it will be awesome. Then, the next time, you'll make the village, and as you pass the shack, you'll think "That's it? That's the ride I was so intimidated by the first time? Pfff". But you'll make the village. You'll go home tired, and it will be awesome. I still have another level to conquer....the lifts. I want that notch in my belt by the end of 2013.

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Heck, if PhotoJoe can do it, anybody can do it!
He's says that tongue-in-cheek, but he's actually very right. We all have our challenges. All of us started with being out of shape and overweight. I'm still there. And I did it. You will too!