View Single Post
Old 04-06-13, 12:06 PM
mm66554

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
2- yes they do sell sealed bearing headsets for your bike. You have to replace the entire headset including the fork crown race and both pressed in cups, you cannot simply switch out the bearing. This only makes sense if you need or want a new headset, otherwise it won't be materially better than your existing one. You also have the inexpensive option of replacing just the balls, and fitting them without using a retainer. many feel this works better, but IME the only advantages are availability, and that you can't accidentally put the retainer in upside down

3- I'm not familiar with your pedals. Most have bearings designed to prevent lateral float. Yours apparently don't. You might be able to fit washers or spacers to take up the float, but it depends on the details like if the end hardware can be removed.
So are the sealed headsets which will fit called semi-integrated? I don't know why I just assume sealed bearings are smoother, have them on my BMX which seems much better at steering.

I think the pedals are called Straitline De Facto. http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb7261243/p4pb7261243.jpg

Last edited by mm66554; 04-06-13 at 12:09 PM.