Old 04-07-13, 04:54 PM
elcruxio

Bikes: 2011 Specialized crux comp, 2013 Specialized Rockhopper Pro

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 44 Posts
I might have stated that a bit wrong since hip angle is a correlation between the hip, legs and torso as i've understood it. What I meant was that the adequate reach and increased drop forces one to lean forward, rotate the pelvis forward and get a flatter back in the process. I believe the drop plays a signifigant role since i have trouble rotating the pelvis forward if I don't have enough drop (this problem occurs with my mtb where road drop would be sillystupid) and I can't "pull" myself forward or fall forward.

Of course the pelvis rotation takes a lot of flexibility but you have to do it of else your lumbar vertebrae are going to be in trouble.

As a main example of how one should never make bikes for tall people i present leonard zinn. Not only are the big models the ugliest things I have ever seen, they often have the handlebar level with the saddle, which easily enables a normal sitting position on the saddle which of course is wrong.

Also one thing that interests me is the weight distribution between a high and a low frame. A low frame should have a healthier weight distribution since you are sitting lower, more forward and not necessarily putting more weight on the handlebar but still being more pronouncedly over the forward section of the bike.

Bit of an off topic perhaps...