View Single Post
Old 04-09-13, 07:41 AM
Chris Pringle

Bikes: '12 Rodriguez UTB Custom, '83 Miyata 610, '83 Nishiki Century Mixte (Work of Art), '18 Engin hardtail MTB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 18 Posts
I really tried to make my iPad work for our last trip SE Asia, but it was a royal PIA. If all you'll be doing is blogging very short paragraphs just to let your folks about the day's major highlights, you'll be OK. I recommend blogsy for an app linked to your wordpress account. Unless your're just shooting all your pics with the iPad, I found that camera pics are nearly impossible to upload unless your camera has wifi capabilities to upload directly to a photo sharing site. There's apparently a special adaptor you can buy, but the reviews are pretty bad. At the eleventh hour, we said to ourselves "f#~! this thing!" and grabbed the laptop -- a 4.5 lb MacBook Pro. It made a big difference! If you have a MacBook Air or similar, this decision is a no brainer. Just make sure you use a nice and cushy case for it.

Ditto on GPS unless your iPad has 4G. You'll better off using your smart phone or a bike computer wth GPS.

Last edited by Chris Pringle; 04-09-13 at 07:47 AM.