View Single Post
Old 04-09-13, 06:43 PM
robtown
Muscle bike design spec

Bikes: 70 Atala Record Proffesional, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, 76 Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 OutRiderUSA HyperLite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
Nice bike Robtown, I like the Brooks saddle, classy touch that adds some snap, to me. The colourway is close to the Molteni schemes that Merckx rode, I like that shade. Which ever set up you choose it should be a nice ride for you. What length is your stem?

Bill
The stem is a Ritchey WCS wet black 130mm that I got at the show for $15. I got 4 other Ritchey stems for $20 total.

I've put the FSA cranks on the Lemond tonight and am halfway through installing the 9 speed STI. I'm not sure if I want to put a road cassette on the Roval wheels or try out the cheap wheelset/cassette/tires I bought for the whichever bike I'm selling.

I hope to retire in 7 - 10 years and already am stressing about trimming down the herd. I end up selling a number of new builds but once they get tenure it's very hard to dispose of them. I have to give the Lemond a fair chance (i.e. get back to riding trim) and suspect that I'll love the Leader. Maybe I'll have to set my selling price a couple hundred higher