Old 04-10-13, 03:15 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2737 Post(s)
Liked 970 Times in 793 Posts
talking about shoes is like discussing bike seats in many ways.
That said, for me having a good stiff bike shoe makes a big difference in my foot comfort, along with how it fits my foot (back to the subject of it being diff for everyone depending on your foot)

when I got a pair of Specialized mtb comp a number of years ago, because they fit me so well, had the right amount of arch support and were stiffer when riding, it was such a jump in all day riding foot comfort compared to my old Shimano mtb shoes.

I figure that given how important foot comfort is when one rides a lot, if a given shoe fits you well compared to other shoes that may cost 20 or 40 or 60 bucks less, get the ones that fit you best. The extra money is well spent and given how long you will use them, not a factor in the long run. My mtb comps are I think going into their fourth season, and as I dont mtn bike with them and use rain booties, they are in fine shape, so I figure they will last probably at least another four years easily.

try lots of shoes on and see how diff they feel. Like a bike frame and setup, fit is all important.

Also, listen to what your feet tell you as soon as you put them on, compare this to all the others youve tried on. Dont figure "oh, they will break in...." go with what supports your feet properly, it'll make a big difference in foot comfort.