Old 04-10-13, 05:21 PM
hagen2456

Bikes: A load of ancient, old and semi-vintage bikes of divers sorts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MMACH 5
Right. And the bare head brigade never shifts the goalposts...

"I've never hit my head in a fall, so I don't need a helmet."
"You should learn to ride better so you won't crash."
"Your money is better spent on a class on how to fall better, than on a helmet."
"A helmet has never been proven to protect you."
"Your helmet actually puts you in more danger."
"The anecdotal tales of how your helmet saved you from injury is invalid, but my anecdotal tales of how many times I've fallen and survived without a helmet is perfectly valid."
"Any studies you post that might say anything positive about helmets were clearly done by a bias group of helmeteers, but the studies I've dug up that say helmets are worthless were performed by open-minded, fact-finding scientists."
"I may insult every person who posts an opposing view, but I don't really care if they wear a helmet."
"Wear a helmet if you want, but just don't make it a law. Yea, what I really care about is the liberty of being able to choose for myself. I know not a single person in this thread has posted any support for a mandatory helmet law, but if anyone thinks any of my previously listed reasons are invalid, then they must be posting in here because they have a secret MHL agenda."
The only statements above worth considering - because they aren't straw men, hyperbole or just libertarian babbling - are

"A helmet has never been proven to protect you."
"The anecdotal tales of how your helmet saved you from injury is invalid, but my anecdotal tales of how many times I've fallen and survived without a helmet is perfectly valid."

And both are perfectly correct. The first one by way of facts, the second by way of logic (or let's say: the logics of scientific method).