View Single Post
Old 09-06-05, 07:34 PM
tribe3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by freerangemike
As you cross the Anacostia, you have a pretty decent hill in front of you. Then a longer downhill. After that, it is pretty good cruising. Lights are more spread out and you have a shoulder. The hill coming back towards Capitol Hill in the afternoon will be worse.

Have you driven your route by car? I know how much it sucks to postpone a ride after anticipating it, but I would highly recommend driving it first. You are going to have to take the lane a few places and it's good to see the conditions of the roads and turn lanes.

Have you checked the mileage? Vienna on the WOD is at mile 12; 19 miles from Capitol Hill. I've only driven a car on the stretch of Penn towards Maryland, so I can't estimate the miles, but it seems like it would be longer than 6-8 miles. I could easily be wrong though.
I did Penns Ave a couple of times when going to Uppermarlb. from our main office in DC but I don't remember details. Anyway "Alea Jacta Est" : ) I have the bike and all the stuff ready. Even the alarm clock set at 5. I remembered the hills; I don't think they'll kill me. The total milage one way is 28 miles and Penns alone is 8.7 according to mapquest. My question mark is how motivated I will be in the afternoon... I guess after 4 or 5 miles I will be feeling better

I am working in DC tomorrow on the hill. If you get in a bind, give me a call: PHONE EDITED OUT BY MOD
THANKS BUDDY :ThumbsUp: