Old 04-12-13, 07:58 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
NOS,
Sorry you went down because of that traffic stripe, the new paints and thermoplastic coatings used are too slippery, IMHO. We have to use them when we construct a roadway or parking lot and I see how slick they can be when they are new. The materials are longer lasting now and the smooth/slick surface takes longer to wear down. I hope that USDOT or NHSTA will look at requiring some type of abrasive "sanding" to be applied to the stripes, maybe a reflective as some states require would work. I wonder if the ADA accessibility regulations address this, we have to use non-slip coatings on ramps and walks, where handicapped access is required, on DOD contracts.

Glad that you aren't banged up too badly, but that is easy, for the guy not siting there picking gravel and sand out of the scrapes, to say. No pictures are necessary for my taste either, I have has those road tatoos too often and do not need to examine someone else's. Hope you heal up fast and don't miss any of the decent riding weather lately.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13