Old 04-13-13, 08:21 AM
IthaDan 

Bikes: Click on the #YOLO

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Lagrange
I have a little info on the air raid for you all. The air raid was manufactured between 90 and 92. Each bike is custome made. They were the first to manufacture a carbon fiber frame using an inner and outer form blater to make the carbon fiber 10 times harder. Kestrel there competitor did not do this and had a much weaker frame. Profile made the frames them selves and then teamed up with trek and eventually sold the design to them. Back the the frame alone sold for 2k min. Hope this helps.
Where are you getting this?

I've done some aegis/early carbon research myself, and the first carbon trek, the 1989 trek 5000 was indeed made my aegis in Maine. Just like these profiles, the basso graftek, and the aegis carbon frame I have from the same era.

Edit: I'm 99.9% sure these profile frames are aegis as well- the seat binder (7/64" Allen key) is a dead giveaway. As are the rear dropouts and the profile of the bb area.

The 89 trek 5000 was a one year bike, and is completely different than the trek OCLV bikes that came a couple years later.

Shimano : Click :: Campy : Snap :: SRAM : Bang

Last edited by IthaDan; 04-13-13 at 09:40 AM.