View Single Post
Old 04-17-13, 02:42 PM
TylerMatthews

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrodzilla
Yes, every company needs to make a profit to survive in any economy. However, Superb's markup - especially on rebranded products they claim to be their own - is much higher than it needs to be. They're selling hype and bull****.

This being said, if you want to be a Superb fanboy and support their overinflated prices, I'll still sleep soundly.
Haha, name calling? Ok, so a LED light manufactured in China has a markup far over 100%, but when that's scaled up it's suddenly obscene? It's all relative and you're operating a tiny, tiny shop. Deciding to take the "high road" and hold low margin may be noble but not always the smartest. You're just taking a slice of the pie. The manufacture is certainly doing whatever they can to increase their margin.

Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd
Obviously TylerMatthews has no connection with whatever shop it is most people on this site don't like. And he is not butt hurt about it at all.
I'm not affiliated no, but I am a fan of privately owned local business and I think you have little knowledge on cost, margin, and longevity. I'm a customer of both Scrod's and Superb. I prefer Scrod's prices. Nagrom and the like are children, caught a peak behind the curtain, and freaked out. These markups are completely ordinary.